Friday, December 30, 2011

Details, details, details...

Okay, here's some more scoop:
Everyone who wants to participate needs to send their e-mail address to me (Ted) ASAP so I can grant access to the tracking spreadsheet & know that you are for sure participating. If you don't know my e-mail address, try my name at gmail.com, or hit me up on facebook.

Fees will be due by the end of JANUARY. I know that money is tight for everyone right after Christmas, but you do need to contribute to help stay motivated. 100% of the fees collected (and maybe more...) will be paid out as the awards for the top three participants.

You need to weigh in with a starting weight either Sunday or Monday. From then on, you can weigh in on Sunday or Monday (whichever is more convenient to you), but make sure to do the same each week. You need to use the same scale. I'm not as concerned with the absolute accuracy as much as just using the same scale each week. Some people are planning to use a scale at the gym, but you can pick a large capacity accurate one up pretty inexpensively (less than $50) at target.

Weigh ins are going to be on your honor. I trust each and every one of you!

It would be great if you could get a 'before' picture. It doesn't need to be one with your shirt off like they do on the TV show, but it needs to accurately represent what you look like. Trust me, I'm pretty good at hiding how big I am when someone takes my picture, and many of you do the same. If you have an accurate 'before' picture, you will be able to see that much of a difference at the awards ceremony 13 weeks from now.

Yes, I am planning an awards ceremony for the end. It would be great to have a party where we can celebrate our success with family and friends.

More details will be coming, but this should get us started off!

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I propose we have an informal "kick off" party either on Friday, Jan. 6, or Saturday, Jan. 7 in the evening at our home to get psyched and meet each other (For those of you who don't know all the contestants). We'd provide healthy snacks, we could have some Wii fit competitions, dance to burn calories, etc. Family and friends of the contestants would be welcome, too. What do you guys think? Do you prefer Jan. 6 or 7th? Let me know and I'll spread the word! --Amy Reid

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Friday is better for us but I will try to make either work!
    Thanks so much
    Linds

    ReplyDelete