Monday, January 2, 2012

Track your exercise!

Hey everyone, here's a tip that has helped me out a TON in the past.
Use something to track your exercise. There are a ton of systems, programs and websites out there to do it, but I've found that I like DailyMile.com.
It's totally free, and once you set up an account, you can integrate it with Facebook. You can have followers/friends who help give you motivation through the site, but you can also share your workouts on Facebook and get lots of moral support from people who care about you!

It allows you to enter in any kind of exercise, but it is stellar at biking and running workouts. You can use a google maps like interface to enter in your routes, and save them for later if you use the same route more than once. It will calculate your distances for you, and if you keep your time, it will tell you your pace.

Tracking your exercise gets it right out there in front of you, and keeps it in your focus. You don't have to guess how much you have exercised this week, because it has it all for you!

If you are thinking about joining, add me as a friend: http://www.dailymile.com/people/TedReid

2 comments:

  1. I've long been a fan of http://www.mapmyrun.com as well. If you happen to own a Garmin or other device, you can upload your runs right to the web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you start using either of the sites add me as a friend. I'm elcapitankyle on both sites. I'd love to see what everyone is doing and share what I'm doing as well.

    ReplyDelete